Post Judgment Modifications

Post-Judgment Modification Lawyer Serving Philadelphia

Do You Need to Change a Family Court Order?

Judgments handed down by the court in divorce situations are based on the familial situation at the time of the proceeding. However, as we all know, circumstances can change in the years following any court order. Family and financial conditions may alter greatly, which then are not reflected in the judgments ordered years earlier. This can make them unfair and unreasonable. When this happens, a post-judgment modification may be in order.

At William Kirby Law, Family Law Attorneys, we can help you petition the court for a post-judgment modification that takes into account the changes in your current circumstances. We have years of legal experience and a strong court presence, which enable our firm to competently pursue such judgments to seek a favorable outcome.

Need to modify your court order? Put our Philadelphia post-judgment modification attorney on your side. Call (215) 515-9901. We're also located in Moorestown, NJ.

When Can a Judgement Be Modified?

Post-judgment modifications in Pennsylvania may be allowed by the courts if the circumstances of either party affected by the original order have changed substantially.

Modifications of the following may be sought:

If you are seeking a modification, you will need to prove that such a change is necessary.

Significant life changes that could demand a modification include:

  • Marriages
  • Births/adoptions
  • Job or income changes
  • Relocation
  • A child or parent’s serious illness or injury

Even with proof, post-judgment modifications, including amounts petitioned for, are not guaranteed. The court bases its decision on many factors, just as it did in the original ruling. This makes family law post-judgment modification cases particularly complex. They require the knowledge and experience of a capable family law attorney.

Why You Need William Kirby Law, Family Law Attorneys

In some cases, what you may believe warrants a modification is not enough to convince the court. Before you head down that path, consult with our attorney. We can review the circumstances surrounding your case, advise you if a petition is warranted, represent you in court, and advocate on your behalf to ensure your rights and interests are protected.

Get the legal assistance you need at (215) 515-9901 or by contacting us online.

Why Hire Our Firm?

  • Connected with the Local Community
  • Honest & Responsive Communication
  • Empathetic & Resolution-Oriented
  • Values & Cares for Every Client

Testimonials from Clients

  • “Mr. Kirby has stuck by me for the last 3 years in the most intense time of my life. The attorney team (Allison in particular) he’s put together absolutely CRUSHED it for me with my case! I’d recommend ...”

    - Clifton W.
  • “I came to Kirby Law after seeing his amazing reviews online because I was battling a serious issue with my soon-to-be ex-husband. I needed help with a divorce and PFA. When I went to court all I had ...”

    - Danyel G.
  • “It’s been a tremendous journey for me and I was alone for a long period of time. I had reached out to multiple firms. I felt like I was l was lost. I had tried to represent myself in court and even ...”

    - L.B.
  • “After having unsuccessful connections with several other law offices to assist me in my custody case. I contacted William Kirby Family Law and on our very first live call, I did not have to think ...”

    - Alondra T.
  • “From the moment I stepped into William Kirby Family Law I was impressed with the level of service given. Not only is William one of the most knowledgeable family attorneys I have ever met but what ...”

    - Grace H.